Homeland Security Topics - PhDify.com
The U.S Department of Homeland Security was established after the 9/11 attacks to counter terrorist activities against the United States. Homeland security is officially defined by the National Strategy for Homeland Security as "a concerted national effort to prevent terrorist attacks within the United States, reduce America's vulnerability to terrorism, and minimize the damage and recover from attacks that do occur".
Homeland security topics may include discussion on the various departments that come under the Department of Homeland Security , such as the United States National Guard, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the United States Coast Guard, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, the United States Secret Service, the Transportation Security Administration, and Civil Air Patrol.
Or, they could include discussions on the current homeland security topics that are of concern to the Department of Homeland Security. These topics could range from whole-body scanners to 100 percent air cargo screening to social Web sites to communication interoperability to the consequences of climate change. Whichever homeland security topics you chose to write on, there are a few pointers that you could try to cover in your term paper.
1. When and why the Department of Homeland Security was formed?
2. What are the various departments or sections that come under its control?
3. The range and dynamics of the homeland security topics.
4. The cross border activities of the departments; basically focusing on its purpose and usefulness.
5. Which department has best achieved its goals and what factors led to their accomplishments?
6. How these departments have helped improve the overall effectiveness of the organization.
7. The difficulties and challenges in its operations.
8. The research and developments in emerging technology to aid in homeland security.
9. Critically assess each department’s role and how they have come to help achieve the overall objectives of the organization.
10. Analyze and evaluate the strategies and responsibilities of each department, and research on any short-comings and deficiencies in implementing them.
11. You could help your nation by becoming a part of homeland security, by reviewing the defects in the system and coming up with a remedial plan of to help make US safer from threats.
After you have chosen the homeland security topics you can begin researching and collecting relevant and reliable information through various sources such as official websites, newspapers, publications, journals, or you could even setup an interview with a government employee.
Due to the sensitive and critical nature of the homeland security topics and you should provide references and seek permission before adding it in your term paper.
The topic of my dissertation seemed easy but only at first glance - I couldn't sleep well any more. I was stressed and I felt broken. Phdify saved me from a total disaster, and now I have my PhD.
Most friends of mine encountered the same difficulties. I wrote some chapters by myself, but another chapters were moving on slowly! So, I never hesitated to ask for a help and I've got a great experience at phdify.com!
At one moment I felt an absolute despair to finish my thesis! To my luck a good friend of my gave me this site, and I understood: this is my salvation! Thanks to Phdify team I finished my thesis in time!