MLA Research Paper Format - PhDify.com
Research papers have various formats and styles. Your professor may require you to use specific writing format. You may be asked to utilize APA or American Psychological Association format, or you may be tasked to use MLA research paper format. MLA or Modern Language Association format is said to be more commonly used in humanities and liberal arts subjects. This is also one of the most frequently utilized paper formats. It is imperative for you to learn the principles of the project or paper format that was called for.
Your research paper format has a significant role in the quality of your written work. Once your instructor has given you the writing style that you should use, you must immediately do some research and familiarize yourself with its rules. The ability to accurately cite your sources, and to correctly follow the format required is one evidence that you already know how to make a research paper. However, when you find it difficult, due to numerous academic assignments, PhDify.com can help you. Custom research papers—written according to your specifications, adhering to the paper format you require—are now made available by the website.
When you are asked to use MLA format, you should:
• Have a 1 inch margins in all sides of your 8.5 x 11 inch paper.
• Use readable fonts, such as Times New Roman or Arial. The size of your font should be point 12. Your paper must also be double-spaced.
• Not place a title sheet or a research paper cover page, unless specified by your instructor.
BASIC MLA FORMAT RULES:
• When you cite a work that has no given author, you may use the title of the written paper as an alternative to the writer’s name. You can place the title in quotation marks or have it underlined or italicized.
• When you are citing authors with the same last names, it may be necessary to indicate full names and initials.
• When you refer to numbers of works of an author, you should include a shortened title of his specific piece of work to indicate which specific written paper you are pointing to.
• You must remember that some web resources are not acceptable, you must be aware of these sources. Do not include your URL’s and websites in your in-text citation, these are noted only in the Works Cited List.
Your in-text citation must be accurate and should lead your readers to your Works Cited List. There are several principles that one should understand when using the MLA paper format. The precision of your citation style will indicate your ability as a researcher. It will also reveal the amount of effort and hard work that you have given to your project. A good quality paper is a sign of determination and persistence.
Absolutely, you can make use of other author’s intelligent written works—that is not illegal provided you cite your sources. You must carefully examine the basics of MLA research paper format to successfully accomplish an exceptional paper.
The topic of my dissertation seemed easy but only at first glance - I couldn't sleep well any more. I was stressed and I felt broken. Phdify saved me from a total disaster, and now I have my PhD.
Most friends of mine encountered the same difficulties. I wrote some chapters by myself, but another chapters were moving on slowly! So, I never hesitated to ask for a help and I've got a great experience at phdify.com!
At one moment I felt an absolute despair to finish my thesis! To my luck a good friend of my gave me this site, and I understood: this is my salvation! Thanks to Phdify team I finished my thesis in time!