A research paper is an extensive exploration of a subject matter. The quality of your research project reflects the amount of time and effort you have given to complete the work. The value of your written work reveals your integrity and personality. It is therefore imperative for you to really understand the requirements of your teacher-in-charge. This usually includes the paper format, the scope of the research, and other significant specifications. Modern Language Association or MLA Format Paper is commonly used for Humanities and Liberal Arts. When you are tasked to use this paper format, you must make certain that you are aware of its guidelines.
MLA is believed to be one of the easiest formats, and that is one reason why this is also one of the most commonly used writing styles. Nevertheless, it is essential to learn the basics of this technique to make certain that you will accomplish an exceptional paper.
When utilizing an MLA format, your paper:
• Must have a one inch margin in all sides (right side, left side, top and bottom parts of your paper).
• Must be double-spaced.
• Must have a page number at the upper right hand corner of your paper.
• Does not really need to have a title page. On your first page, you must indicate your name and your instructor’s name. Double space, and then the research paper title is typed.
MLA citation guideline:
In-text Citation. This is what will lead your readers to the Works Cited List.
• Use parenthetical citation. Right after quoting the quotation, indicate the author’s name, followed by a space, and then the page number.
• When the name of the author had not been stated, you may state the title of the work.
• When referring to an indirect source, you must use “qtd.” to point out that it had also been quoted by your source.
Works Cited Page. You must have a separate page for your works cited list. This must be placed at the end of your research paper.
• The unformatted words “Works Cited” must be typed at the center at the top of your page.
• Similar to other pages, this must also be double-spaced.
• Do not capitalize articles and conjunctions, but type all other words in uppercase letters for your titles.
• Names are written alphabetically, last names come first, followed by the first name, which is then followed by the middle name or middle initial.
• Do not include degrees with the author’s names. An author whose name appeared as James Johnson, MA will be cited as ”Johnson, James”.
• Indicate suffixes (Jr., I, II, III, etc) with names.
• Works with no given author may be cited using the titles.
Utilizing the works of other authors is not illegal for as long as these are properly cited. Problem normally arises when students do not know how to make a research paper and are not even aware of the imperatives of writing. PhDify.com makes A level papers available to students who may be willing to embrace the benefits of custom-made research papers. The company carries out papers utilizing different writing formats including APA, Harvard and MLA format paper.
The topic of my dissertation seemed easy but only at first glance - I couldn't sleep well any more. I was stressed and I felt broken. Phdify saved me from a total disaster, and now I have my PhD.
Most friends of mine encountered the same difficulties. I wrote some chapters by myself, but another chapters were moving on slowly! So, I never hesitated to ask for a help and I've got a great experience at phdify.com!
At one moment I felt an absolute despair to finish my thesis! To my luck a good friend of my gave me this site, and I understood: this is my salvation! Thanks to Phdify team I finished my thesis in time!