Completing a research paper is a great chance to learn how to develop and defend your ideas. Even though the heart of your paper is only one idea that you need to present and defend, most of the time you spend on the paper will be devoted to the reasons why your future reader must believe that your opinion is valid. Such analysis and clarification of your thesis is called an argument. Actually, your essay argument is an answer to such question as “Why is the key idea of my paper valid and reasonable?” Maybe you would like to see your research paper as an answer to such question or a solution to your thesis followed by some explanation of why your answer or solution is a right one. And now let’s clarify some major steps of successful research paper argument statement.
1) When you have already formulated the main question of the work, your need to answer it. Actually, the question formulation, the answer to this question and extended explanation of why your answer is good makes up the whole paper.
2) There are always some variants of how to think over the research paper argument. While most authors of research papers use the argument to defend a claim, it is sometimes useful to ask a question and simply try to explore it. No matter what format you will choose, you should remember that you still need to present an argument.
3) It is often very helpful to complete some investigative writing before you decide what your argument will be. But keep in mind that you will need to throw away almost everything you wrote before and hold on only to some brand new thoughts.
4) When you have some general sense of your possible argument, you will need to express as exactly as you can what your argument is, and then improve this statement. Try to think about the different steps of your defense you will have to make.
5) Now you can go on your research and read some material that may be helpful for you. Remember, you will have to provide enough evidence and thorough analysis of that evidence you have. Your reading can bring you new improvement of the original idea about research paper argument statement.
6) When you have already written an outline of your paper, you may test the strong points of the ideas. The best way to do that – is to find a friend and ask him to read your paper and offer some improvements.
Remember, that developing a research paper argument takes time and you have to plan your work thoroughly. In case you are not sure you can complete such task yourself, visit custom research writing vendor PhDify.com and get assistance of skilled writers. Besides, you will always find a lot of useful information there, such as research paper topic ideas or various research paper examples. Don’t hesitate and apply for professional help right now!
The topic of my dissertation seemed easy but only at first glance - I couldn't sleep well any more. I was stressed and I felt broken. Phdify saved me from a total disaster, and now I have my PhD.
Most friends of mine encountered the same difficulties. I wrote some chapters by myself, but another chapters were moving on slowly! So, I never hesitated to ask for a help and I've got a great experience at phdify.com!
At one moment I felt an absolute despair to finish my thesis! To my luck a good friend of my gave me this site, and I understood: this is my salvation! Thanks to Phdify team I finished my thesis in time!